To share my computer with one of my fellow students, I created an user account, and it then appeared on my Vista logon panel, I want to hide it, and here is the solution, and more details can be found here .
- In the left panel, right click on Winlogon and click New and click Key.
- Type SpecialAccounts and press Enter.Below is how you should be doing so far.
- In the left panel, right click on SpecialAccounts and click New and click Key.
- Type UserList and press Enter.
- In right panel of UserList, right click on a empty area and click New then click DWORD (32bit) Value.
- Type in the name of the user account that you want to hide and press Enter. eg: SomeUserName
- In the right panel, right click on the user account name and click Modify.
- To hide the user account – Type 0 and click OK. (number zero not the letter)
For more snapshots, go to original article at http://triponic.com/guidestutorials/computer/how-to-make-an-invisible-user-account-in-vista/.