In my previous post, I discussed building CGAL using cmake-gui option, and in this post, I will demo how to do this from command line cmake:
- Download Boost. This is a must. It is recommended to download the setup installer for Boost 1.4.7, follow the setup wizard.
- Download CMake. Download CMAKE here or go directly with the direct link of windows version.
- Download CGAL (Computational Geometry Algorithms Library). In this example, I will not use
CGAL-4.0.2-Setup.exe, but instead I will use CGAL-4.0.2.zip.
- Extract CGAL-4.0.2.zip to a folder “\CGAL\v402”
- Open a command window, and cd to that directory (see the red rectangle), and type “cmake .”
- cmake will automatically infer the compilers and platform based on current system configuration, in my case, Visual Studio 2010 is used.
- After running the above command, you will see a CGAL.sln in the folder. Open Visual Studio 2010, rebuild solution. Done!