1. Go to http://www.rhino3d.com/new/dev to download the SDK. Unzip the file, and you will see 4 files:
2. Unzip the file “Rhino4DotNetWizards.zip”, and you will see two files
Double click on the RhinoWizards.vsi file. This is a Visual Studio installer file that will copy the wizards to the appropriate locations on your computer.
Once the wizard is installed to Visual Studio, you can find them in the VS wizard when you create a new project. Note however that:
- This RhinoWizards.vsi file is for Rhino 4 development, and works better in VS2005 and VS2008.
- If you are developing under Rhino 5, it is recommended that you download the New project wizards (RCPackage.vsix) for plug-ins and commands in Visual C# 2010 and Visual Basic 2010. For more information, click here.
For VisualStudio 2010, you can double click the RCPackage.vsix dowloaded from (2), and below shows the result after installing the new addin wizard for Rhino 5:
- Open the RCPackage.vsix with 7z or winrar, since the vsix file is essentially a zip file;
- In the opened archive, edit the “extension.vsixmanifest”
- In the opened “extension.vsixmanifest” (which is xml file), duplicate the segment <VisualStudio Version=”10.0″> and change the duplicate version from 10.0 to 11.0, as shown below:
Save it back in the RCPackage.vsix, double click it, and now you should be able to install the addin in both Visual Studio 2010 and 2012.
Visual Studio 2010
Visual Studio 2012
You are then ready to begin your Rhino development journey.