For some reasons, e.g. the computer suddenly powered off during maya activation, or you killed maya in brute force during the activation, you are likely to encounter this error: “License was not obtained ….”
No matter you uninstall, reinstall any times, the same problem persists. One of, though not 100% working solution for most cases, is to delete the corrupted licensing data out of your computer. Here is how:
- Open your file explorer, make sure all files including hidden files are shown
- Go to the program data folder, in windows 8 and window 8.1, this should be “c:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\” folder.
- If you don’t know where this folder is, search “*_tsf.data” in your file explorer
- Delete all files in this folder (Oh, yes, backup them first for safe, but usually this is unnecessary). No fear, delete all files therein
- Restart maya, you will see the activation dialog again!
Happy modeling, designing and xxx-ing!