- Download Redis binaries from http://ruilopes.com/redis-setup/
- Run the installer, follow the instructions
You might wish to get the latest windows installer for Redis here as well.
- Run redis-service application in the installation folder:
- Open Service in Windows, select the “Redis Server”, start it, and change the startup type to “Automatic”
Goto installation folder \ conf \, edit redis.conf, uncomment the below line and set your password:
- Click “redis-cli.exe” in the installation folder to Open a Redis client, type “ping”
- You will most likely encounter this error: “ERR operation not permitted”
In the Redis Client command window, type
where xxxxx is the password you set in the redis.conf. Re-run below command
Done. You have successfully installed Redis on your Windows, and running it as a service!