I had been developing an Android App recently. The app runs perfectly in my real device, Nexus4, Nexus 7 Android Virtual Devices (AVD), but to my surprise, the screen is blank (or black) when it was run on Nexus 10 virtual device !!! I tried different solutions:
- Increase the graphics DPI;
- Turned on “Use Host GPU” in AVD setting;
- Tried on Ubuntu Eclipse, Windows XP, Windows 7 & 8 Virtual machines
But none of them worked.
- Register an account here. This is important, and when you run this AndroVM, you need this account info. It is free, at least at this moment!
- After login, click the download button to download the application.
- This virtual machine relies on Oracle’s VirtualBox , but if you have installed VirtualBox before that, the installer is smart enough to skip reinstalltion of that.
- Run Genymotion application installed by clicking the shortcut created on the desktop.
- Click the “Add” button to add a new Android virtual device. A dialog box will pop up, asking you to login: