Winform ships with a built-in WebBrowser control where you can use it to embed a web browser in a Winform Application. It is relatively trivial to implement it:
- In Visual Studio Toolbox, Search “Web Browser”, and you will find the WebBrowser control
- Drag it to the winform designer
- In Form Load event handler, add below code:
There are several problems using this approach:
- This browser control is based on IE browser, which has many limitations that IE has.
- It is not easy to implement the zoom-fit or Zoom-content features to make sure the web page is all visible in this embedded browser